Now in the Seattle area!
After driving 6 days cross country with my wife, two kids, and all of our belongings, I can now very happily call myself a "local candidate". I am an artist and animator looking to join a creative team in the games industry. As the header humbly suggests, I have been well trained in 3D animation and modeling at the Savannah College of Art & Design, and really enjoy creating concept art in various styles.
For the past 3 years I have been in a constant cycle of conceptualizing, modeling, rigging, and animating my own productions, striving for that one piece, or animation cycle, that would put my reel at the top of the pile. I was trying to do this while working as a stay at home dad, and as a full-time group lead, driving a forklift. While I enjoyed both, I was finding it hard to make substantial progress on a full scale production. My wife and I decided it was finally time to move to the opportunities, rather than waiting for the opportunities to move to us. After 2 minutes of debate, and 30 days notice to our employers, we were on our way to exotic Renton.
So now I'm here, enjoying the fresh produce, green parks, low heat indexes, and looking for an opportunity to work creatively as part of a team.